Associate Legal Counsel
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The Associate Legal Counsel will advise on a wide range of legal matters affecting PANDORA’s business in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and South America, with a primary focus on North America and employment law issues. Pandora is in a growth phase (NAM Ignite) and its focus on North America will significantly increase the employment law issues that arise.
The role will also support the business with contract review and drafting, and general legal advice. As a contributing member of a lean legal department, the Associate Legal Counsel will be required to pitch in on a wide variety of matters. Prior experience in employment matters is preferred. The role requires a confident and experienced attorney who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and who can quickly synthesize and advise the business with respect to subject matter with which the attorney has not previously had significant experience. Superior communication and relationship building skills are critical. The candidate must be comfortable interacting with various levels in the organization and operating in a matrixed environment.
A qualified candidate will have at least 4 years of corporate legal experience, ideally including both in-house and law firm training. Prior in-house experience in consumer products and/or retail sectors is preferred. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated willingness to act as a team player, will be intellectually curious, detail oriented and interested in personal and organizational improvement.
- Managing employment law matters arising from both retail stores and corporate offices.
- Assisting with litigation and business disputes, including coordination with outside counsel.
- Providing legal advice, counselling and support to management regarding general retail law and regulatory matters as they arise.
- Reviewing and drafting contracts dealing with a wide variety of subject matters.
- Advising the company on marketing, promotional and advertising matters.
- Advising on privacy matters and policies and the use of consumer data.
- Providing legal support and advice regarding a breadth of other legal matters.
Something About You:
- Must have Juris Doctor degree and be licensed to practice law in current good standing with a U.S. State
- 3-5 years of experience in corporate law, employment law, or related field
- Collaborative approach to work
- ability to interact with individuals at all organizational levels
- strong communication skills
- analytical proficiency and ability to synthesize and present data and findings of fact
- resilient, having capability to adapt quickly and effectively, including being able to readily prioritize/reprioritize work
- able to make informed objective decisions and exercise sound legal and business judgment
- Proficiency in MS Office, willingness to learn new legal department related software and processes
Travel Required: less than 10%
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to PandoraUSCareers@pandora.net