Location: Baltimore, MD
Under the direction of the Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources Generalist will drive results for all human resource efforts for assigned store regions/districts. Participates in the development of human resource policies and programs including employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation and other functions. Provides coaching and counselling to management and employees in order to enhance individual contributions. Provide HR support to various departments in the organization.
- Develops an effective partnership with retail leadership teams through consultation on human resources strategic and operational issues as it relates to the strategic business plan.
- Collaborates with management and employees to identify and resolve issues achieving a balance between business’ needs and employee needs.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counselling managers and employees.
- Investigates, analyzes, and makes appropriate recommendations regarding complex employee relations issues filed internally; exercising influence appropriately.
- Provides coaching, counsel, and direction to Associates, Store Managers, District Managers, and Regional Managers across the US to ensure fair employment practices and compliance with employment legislation.
- Ensures fair treatment for all associates at all levels.
- Actively monitors case load volumes to ensure effective response and resolution
- Assists in managing projects that help to proactively improve the positive workplace in all our stores.
- Ensures that we are in compliance with the Company’s policies as well as Federal and State laws.
- Uses critical thinking to effectively solve human resource issues; provide conflict resolution when required.
- Assists management to leverage talent among work groups.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Manages the PANDORA internal posting process and ensures that there is appropriate communication relative to position application status, etc. with internal staff.
- Partners with the Human Resources Business Partner and hiring managers to ensure appropriate organizational acculturation and acclamation through orientation and on-boarding services.
- Assist with interviewing store management when necessary.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Partners with the HR Business Partner in reviewing operating practices and procedures, determine whether improvements can be made and work to implement changes as appropriate.
- Plan, facilitate and/or execute on assigned projects
Educational Background: BA/ BS
- a minimum of 2 years of Human Resources experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Experience supporting the retail industry preferred.
- Specialized training in recruitment, and employee relations preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred.
- Attention to detail, with strong organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Responsive to employee needs while maintaining professionalism, respect and consideration of others.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work required hours as needed.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Travel required: 10%
Please send an email to the address below and include the position title in the subject line: