Human Resources Generalist
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Under the direction of the Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources Generalist will drive results for all human resource efforts for assigned store regions/districts. The HRG participates in the development of human resource policies and programs including employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation and other functions. He/ She will provide coaching and counselling to management and employees in order to enhance individual contributions. He/ she will provide HR support to various departments in the organization. It is essential that he/ she is able to work independently and make sound HR related decisions.
- Develops an effective partnership with retail leadership teams through consultation on human resources strategic and operational issues as it relates to the strategic business plan.
- Collaborates with management and employees to identify and resolve issues achieving a balance between business’ needs and employee needs.
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counselling managers and employees.
- Investigates, analyzes, and makes appropriate recommendations regarding complex employee relations issues filed internally, exercising influence appropriately.
- Provides coaching, counsel, and direction to Associates, Store Managers, District Managers, and Regional Managers across the US to ensure fair employment practices and compliance with employment legislation.
- Ensures fair treatment for all associates at all levels.
- Actively monitors case load volumes to ensure effective response and resolution
- Assists in managing projects that help to proactively improve the positive workplace in all our stores.
- Ensures that we are in compliance with the Company’s policies as well as Federal and State laws.
- Uses critical thinking to effectively solve human resource issues; provide conflict resolution when required.
- Assists management to leverage talent among work groups.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals.
- Partners with the Human Resources Business Partner and hiring managers to ensure appropriate organizational acculturation and acclamation through orientation and on-boarding services.
- Assist with interviewing store management when necessary.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
- Partners with the HR Business Partner in reviewing operating practices and procedures, determine whether improvements can be made and work to implement changes as appropriate.
- Plan, facilitate and/or execute on assigned projects
Something About You:
- A minimum of 3 years of Human Resources experience or a combination of education and work experience.
- Experience supporting the retail industry preferred
- Experience with California employment law required
- Specialized training in recruitment, and employee relations preferred.
- SHRM-CP or PHR preferred
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office primarily Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail, with strong organizational, analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to maintain high level of confidentiality.
- Responsive to employee needs while maintaining professionalism, respect and consideration of others.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to change in the work environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of human resources administration.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and conflict management skills.
- Ability and willingness to work required hours as needed.
Travel Required: less than 10%
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to PandoraUSCareers@pandora.net