Retail Accounting Specialist
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
The Retail Accounting Specialist is responsible for managing the operating funds of the owned & operated and e-commerce entities, which includes daily recording, reconciliation and analysis of sales for both US and Canada operations. The Retail Accounting Specialist interprets sales data which includes cash, credit card and gift card transactions, identifies notable trends, suggests improvements for negative trends and communicates these findings to management. The Retail Accounting Specialist is a key participant in new retail initiatives and projects including expansion of owned & operated stores and e-commerce, ensuring appropriate system and procedure setup and documentation. Duties also include preparation of the company’s monthly and annual reporting package to the parent company, assisting with the annual audit and other duties as assigned.
- Review and post e-commerce sales (daily) and owned & operated store sales (weekly).
- Reconcile sales by tender type to bank deposits; research and resolve differences.
- Coordinate with e-commerce vendor on credit card disputes and lost packages.
- Function as the primary accounting point person for expansion of e-commerce to Canada.
- Maintain gift card program by posting deposits and withdrawals across all Pandora entities and reconciling the gift card liability account balance to monthly vendor statements. Set up new gift card accounts as requested by internal departments. Assign bank account for Clutch ACH activity.
- Attend bi-weekly Retail New Store and Renovation meetings to keep current on changes and additions to store locations.
- Request new Wells Fargo bank account and Loomis pick-up for new locations. Obtain cash vault details from Wells Fargo and communicate account access instructions to District Manager and Store Manager.
- Coordinate with credit card vendors on credit card disputes.
- Report monthly and annual sales to lessors for variable rent calculation purposes.
- Post employee service and rewards credits.
- Establish store policies related to cash handling in conjunction with market management and manage store operating fund levels.
- Develop scorecards and other analyses/financial models (reviewing and measuring accuracy of daily spreads, store sales forecast, etc.) as appropriate.
- Provide ad hoc analytical support, including reporting of payment by tender, and perform special projects as needed.
- Advise on AX implementation project to help ensure the system will adequately support our retail reporting needs.
- Record and maintain retail accounting process documentation.
- Provide month-end close support for related general ledger accounts including account reconciliation and analysis.
- Participate in the completion of the Company’s monthly reporting package by preparing store portfolio HFM templates within monthly reporting deadlines.
- Ensure compliance with Internal Control Framework.
- Work with auditors to draw samples, develop analyses and other tasks needed to complete the annual audit.
Educational Background: BA/BS
Experience: 4-6 years (Equivalent combination of experience and education accepted.)
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with managing reoccurring work to meet competing (simultaneous) due dates
- Problem-solving skills
- Highly reliable and strong sense of accountability
- Self-starter and ability to work independently
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong analytical skills
- Presentation skills and ability to explain financial information and variances
- Proactive thinking
- Knowledge of and ability to work in ERP systems
- Extensive knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft Office applications required
- AX experience a plus
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume to email@example.com.