Location: Baltimore, MD
The Vice President, Accounting Americas leads Pandora’s accounting operations, financial reporting, and compliance activities across the organization. He/she is responsible for overseeing the accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, Retail accounting, payroll and treasury functions for all America markets (US, Canada, and Emerging LATAM Markets). As a direct report into the Chief Financial Officer and a key member of the Americas leadership team, he/she will have the responsibility for ensuring a best in class accounting function. He/she will be responsible for the development of strategies, plans, and processes, providing expert level accounting insights to drive the business forward.
- Partner and communicate effectively with the Executive Leadership Team to manage the financial and related strategic and performance aspects of the Company.
- Provide leadership, strategic direction and oversight to a team of 30, including 4 direct reports and associates spanning three accounting offices (Baltimore, Brazil, Costa Rica)
- Develop strong, performance-oriented teams, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business.
- Participate in the strategic planning process. Develop long-term financial plans in support of the strategic plan.
- Support FP&A team in annual budgeting and forecasting process.
- Develop and Consolidate Financials statements for budget and forecast purpose (inclusive but not exclusive to B/S)
- Oversee and lead a timely and accurate monthly closing process, including the global corporate consolidation, intercompany accounting and financial statement preparation (inclusive of Operations of offshore BPO)
- Identify and monitor the accounting department’s key performance metrics
- Review monthly account reconciliations, journal entries, quarterly reporting packages submitted by global divisions and quarterly schedules required to support the external reporting process
- Participate in and provide the oversight of the accounting policy and practice design, resolution of complex accounting issues, and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Implement and Ensure maintenance of effective internal controls and appropriate accounting procedures (in relation with our Global corporate team)
- Interact directly with global accounting personnel to ensure data integrity of all financial information; work proactively and effectively with financial reporting, internal audit, tax, treasury, FP&A and other departments within the organization to continue to increase collaboration
- Manage external relationships with auditors and other key players
- Play a key role in the Accounting department transformation efforts, directing change initiatives, operational effectiveness and process improvements.
- Play a leading role in the company-wide projects that impact Accounting
- Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Accounting or Finance & CPA required, MBA preferred
- 10 to 15 years of leading an accounting function within a multi- channel retailer and/ or global organization
- Proven ability to effectively lead multi-functional finance and accounting teams
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to define problems, collect data, present facts and draw valid conclusions
- Strong influencer with the leadership skills to build relationships throughout a Global organization.
- Track record of building and developing a successful team
- A critical thinker with the ability to lead an organization through change and growth
- Strategic mindset with ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Strong analytical and business acumen skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both front-line staff and executives
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, thrive in a fast-paced work environment and respond to changes in priorities
- Highly organized with strong time management skills.
- Strong work ethic with a keen eye for detail and hardworking nature.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio)
- HFM experience preferred
- Microsoft Dynamics AX experience preferred
Please send an email to the address below and include the position title in the subject line: