Accountant 6 months contract
Location: Hong Kong
Accountant (AP & GL) - 6 months contract
About the position:
The Temporary Accountant plays an important role in supporting the Accounts Payable/General Ledger function for APAC markets. We are looking for a detail-minded person to support the team and ensure all financial reporting prepared accurately and in a timely manner.
- Support daily and monthly closing processes ensuring that daily work and financial transactions are free from errors and delivered on deadline
- Ensure that the appropriate accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and that the reconciliations are at the appropriate level of detail and tie to the general ledger
- Responsible for both Account Payable and General Ledger reporting
- Ensure the internal control is achieved and compliance with company policies
- Daily processing of invoices, payments and remittances and also period end schedules and reports
- Process staff members’ T&E claims in T&E system
- Liaise with external parties including auditors, bankers, landlords and vendors, etc
- Intercompany reconciliations with subsidiaries & parent company
- Maintain fixed assets module in ERP system and reporting
- Maintain lease accounting in ERP system and updating in accordance with IFRS16
- Maintain cash flow and cash reporting
- Participate in the statutory audit. Work with auditors to draw samples, develop analyses, prepares schedules and other tasks needed to complete the annual audit
- Support Tax computation and reporting, knowledge of GST/VAT is an advantage
- Perform other duties & ad hoc assignment as necessary and/or assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- University graduate in Accounting or related discipline
- Semi-qualified member of HKICPA or equivalents
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of relevant commercial accounting and multi-national firm, preferably gained in Retail industry
- Strong experience in accounts payable
- Preferred experience in handling foreign or offshore office accounting closing.
- Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, Mandarin is definitely an advantage
- Able to exercise independent judgment and take action
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX / Hyperion will be an advantage
SHINE WITH US.
We want to become the world’s most loved jewelry brand. Come join us.
Please send your latest resume with your expected salary to email@example.com if you are interested in this role. Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you are not contacted by us within 6 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful. All data collected would be used for recruitment purpose only.