Project Manager Business Development
Do you have a keen interest in retail operations and in contributing to the continued journey of being a world class retailer, keeping our stores and customers at the centre of what we do? Are you curious to learn and navigate in the span between Business Development, Retail Operations, systems, data, processes and how these all come together when delivering on needs of the commercial business? Then you might be our new Project Manager in our EMEA Business Development team!
You will be responsible for driving projects mainly within the retail functional area, but with cross functional elements and collaboration. Projects in scope can be new and include the entire project lifecycle (from initiation to execution support and stakeholder management), while others can be a matter of taking over and/or taking an initiative to the next level of improvements or efficiencies.
Examples of projects are; implementing ways to measure customer experience, roll-out of franchise point of sales system or participation in omni-channel work streams. In addition to this, support and initiatives related to the commercial calendar and execution will be in scope for the right candidate.
You must be ready to keep an overview of project streams while sometimes deep diving into details to understand and contribute to designing solutions that work in real life as well as being ready to roll-up the sleeves and get things done. The role is regional, which means being the dot in the middle of a matrix organisation, where projects have many stakeholders across markets with different wishes and needs that must be balanced.
Your areas of responsibilities:
You will have a broad variety of touchpoints of stakeholders and interfaces and work closely with other departments as Retail Excellence, Retail Training, Finance, Marketing, Product, Operations, our Finance Shared Service Center in Warsaw and several Global IT departments as well as our sales teams in the markets.
You can expect to elevate the following job assignments:
- Project management; from project initiation, preparing project plans and execution
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication
- Coordination across all workstreams, ensuring overview and a clear and aligned approach towards stakeholders and internal customers
- Capture feedback from markets, prioritise and translate this into actions
- Ensure change management and process design are incorporated into project plans
What is needed to succeed:
- Experience from a large retailer, FMCG and/or Management Consulting. Ideally with projects and tasks focused on operations/shop floor operations, process optimization and/or rolling out technology to drive improvements
- Holds a Master degree with a minimum of 3-4 years of experience
- Proven ability to plan projects and tasks well in advance, including resources required, timeframes and possible changing circumstances. You will need to monitor performance against deadlines and milestones and manage your time effectively
- Proven structured and hands on approach to project management and a solid project management toolbox
- Experience with conducting analyses to build recommendations and working in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, i.e. being able to deliver structured, clear and simple messages
- Focused on meeting the needs of markets and end users, setting high standards for quality, working in a systematic and methodical manner, consistently achieving project goals
- Proficiency with Microsoft office (Outlook, Powerpoint and Excel)
- Experience from a global matrix organisation and an understanding of cultural differences across the EMEA region is considered a clear advantage
Your personal qualifications make a difference:
You might be the person we are looking for if you are proactive, humble and hold an ambitious attitude while also being a team player. It is important that you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced and changing environment and that you have a strong common sense, an eye for how to make things happen and a strong willingness to get things done. We also value your interest in knowing the details of current processes and ways of working, to best design the ‘desired to be’ and implement it in real life – while at the same time keeping the holistic overview. We expect you to enjoy team work, setting common goals for the project team and achieving them together.
Your new team:
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. In the EMEA Business Development department is a busy department of 3 people, who work closely together, help each other out and appreciate an informal and humorous tone.
The role is based in the EMEA Regional Office situated at the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. As we are a global company, travel days can be expected (<10 days a year).
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact Maria Holmgaard Carlsen, VP, Retail Operations & Business Development, EMEA on email: email@example.com.
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of the Pandoras future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Beside from our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished and contemporary jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 90 countries on six continents through approximately 9,500 points of sale, including more than 1,600 concept stores.
Founded in 1982 and headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs more than 15,000 people worldwide of whom approximately 10,400 are located in Gemopolis, Thailand, where the company manufactures its jewellery. Pandora is publicly listed on the NASDAQ Copenhagen stock exchange in Denmark. In 2014, Pandora’s total revenue was DKK 11.9 billion (approximately EUR 1.6 billion).