Back End Architect, Digital Development
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Are you passionate about web development and architecture? Would you like to work both hands-on and strategically within a new Digital Hub at the world’s largest jewellery brand? If yes, then keep reading!
Job description and areas of responsibility:
As our new Backend Architect, you will serve as the primary connection point between Product Management and Development teams within Pandora for the design and architecture of eCommerce platform solutions. The role will involve a combination of working with the Product team to architect appropriate solutions for business needs/roadmap items, reviewing and maintaining oversight of solutions proposed as well as hands-on solution design and coding where senior-level expertise is required/relevant.
You will provide the internal team and system integrator partners with leadership around our solutions as well as industry best practice within both Salesforce Commerce Cloud & Integrations with supporting technology stack (such as CMS, OMS, Payment Gateways, Fraud Management, etc.). Furthermore, you will support internal teams, product management, UX and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking, and ongoing development and maintenance of the eCommerce websites. You will also provide leadership and motivation to the Development team for complex projects and problem resolution.
Further to the above, your tasks will include to:
- Maintain and improve our e2e eCommerce solutions architecture and manage the solutions delivered by a growing team of web developers
- Lead and establish coding best practice standards
- Review and suggest proposed solutions during early stages of process and provide details of trade-offs to decision makers collaboratively
- Assess new architecture technologies/components, having final review and sign-off
- Own the integration architecture and strategy for third-party integrations
- Participate in daily, weekly and sprint-related team meetings and brainstorming activities related to project issues, collaborating with development and being involved in QA/testing and launching of e2e implementations
- Own the end-to-end requirements definition, specifications, vendor reviews, design and timelines, and effort estimates for key initiatives
Your new team:
During 2020, we will build a world-class Digital Hub at our headquarter in Copenhagen. Our Digital Development team is responsible for delivering on our strategic ambition to be industry leaders in digital; owning and delivering our digital product and technology vision, strategy and roadmap. You will report directly to the Director of Digital Engineering and work in a team that values informality and flexibility to deliver on our tasks. Our team works closely together to help each other out, using agile principles to deliver customer and business value. We also strive to give back to the Copenhagen digital community by supporting events and sharing expertise.
What is needed to succeed:
You are experienced in developing and deploying complex infrastructures and technical solutions for industry leaders and expertise in the design, development and configuration of systems to drive company growth and technical innovation. You are able to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight timeframes and have a strong voice in the timeline development, influencing the roadmap as relevant.
In addition, we imagine that you have:
- Minimum of seven years’ hands-on experience in a web development environment and recent SFCC experience (formerly Demandware), including SFCC Developer Certification
- Strong understanding of the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management, etc.
- Experience leading architecture strategy and planning for large programmes, and with providing mentorship to technical staff across multiple projects
- Experience in working and integrating with APIs and third-party system integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS or other marketing channel integrations
- Strong understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.)
Something about you:
You might be the person we are looking for if you are highly motivated, structured and a self-starter. You have a strong passion for web development and architecture, with a thirst for always learning more. Moreover, you are adaptable and function well in a dynamic, fast-paced global environment, and can make positive use of opportunities presented. As a people person, you have leadership capabilities, are customer-focused, and can collaborate well with others regardless of background.
Application deadline: July 21, 2020
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. Candidates should be willing to travel when necessary.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.