Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Are you passionate about data and analysis? Do you want to be a part of data driven growth at the world’s largest jewellery brand? Are you motivated by designing and building efficient and scalable data solutions which supports our business with critical insight bringing life to commercial use cases? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
Build solid data and BI back-end solutions in our new technology landscape
Pandora is on a digital journey to drive decisions through the use of data and technology. Our customers, data and business impact are at the heart of our strategy. Our Business Intelligence & Data function is key to achieve this vision. As our new Data Engineer, you will work with our BI & data consultants across the global organisation helping business verticals and clusters maximising the value of our data and drive business change as an impact of this.
You will be responsible for delivering customer value, ensuring high customer satisfaction and ensure that data quality is always a priority. Your primary focus will be designing and implementing Data & BI user stories on our new global platform as well as to manage and secure our existing products aided by our support organization. You will build and own scalable products in close collaboration with business consultants and other engineers utilizing the MSBI integration and analytics toolbox.
Further to this, you will:
- Work closely with product owners to deliver features designed to support Pandora to drive commercial business cases and efficiencies within reporting and analytics
- Obtain relevant business and system knowledge to convert requirements efficiently to technical design documentation
- Design and deliver user stories on Pandora’s data platform according to global release plan
- Be able to switch between hands-on development and close collaboration with our offshore development partner
- Own your solutions and track that they deliver the requested benefits
- Work with stakeholders and teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Participate in key projects as technical expert
- Follow best practice and existing guidelines
Additionally, you will be a crusader for best practice data management and modelling, you thrive in a fast paced environment and you get motivated by challenges as a true problem solver.
Our current platform consist of traditional IaaS based Microsoft solutions but we have kicked off migration to Azure PaaS where will be driving innovation through use of ADF, Data Lake, Synapse, DataBricks and other related components as fit to our use cases. Our front-end team builds beautiful visualizations and end-user products utilizing PowerBI and SharePoint as the main tool box.
Team player passionate about data and BI
Others would say that you are a real team player and have good stakeholder management skills. You are structured and analytical, always aiming to achieve great results. Furthermore, you are a confident communicator, and have the ability to explain your solution design tailor the message according to the audience.
You most likely have a relevant education within Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, and preferably have worked with an Agile development process. We also imagine that you have:
• Minimum 5 years of experience working as a BI data engineer
• Built and delivered enterprise level datawarehouse or analytical solutions
• Technical expertise with dimensional modelling, integrations & ETL, datawarehouse designs, multi-dimensional and tabular cubes, data quality monitoring and documentation
• Proven experience with MSBI Azure PaaS/SaaS such as ADF, Data Lake, Synapse, T-SQL, MDS, DAX, PowerBI and SQL Server but also of relevance is SSIS, SSRS and SSAS/MDX
• Experience from a relevant and data rich company, retail is an advantage
• Highly proficient in English and able to communicate with all levels
Your new team
You will be an essential part of the Global BI & data team and Pandora’s extended BI community. You will work closely with the BI Applications team to ensure that data is converted efficiently to business insights and as well to self-service solutions in order to maximise value to end-users.
As we are a growing team, you will have the chance to influence our culture and working tools, and work together with Front-end and Back-end engineers from Europe, India, USA and Thailand.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Zara Mc Brien
Recruiter, Global HR
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19 billion in 2020.