Data Scientist, Advanced Analytics
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you know what it takes to build competitive advantage through AI and advanced analytics? Do you have experience scaling data and analytics products and teams across the value chain? Do you want to be a part of a fast-moving, dynamic, and international team? And are you considered one of the best in your field? Then we have a job for you.
As Data Scientist, you will work with our stakeholders around the world to tackle both interesting and challenging problems using machine learning and optimization techniques. You will ensure that our prescriptive models are using state-of-the-art techniques to support and/or automate data driven decision making processes. Further to that, you will participate in scrum teams working on developing analytical software solutions for various applications within the organization that drive development and innovation in the area of AI systems.
Your key accountabilities will be to:
- Partner with our stakeholders to identify valuable insights and in depth understand business cases via data mangling and advanced statistical analysis
- Tackle business challenges using predictive modelling, forecasting and optimization techniques to provide actionable recommendations
- Work on end-to-end analytical products, from exploration and prototyping to testing and productionizing
- Participate in Scrum team and work in an agile manner applying principles from DevOps
What is needed to succeed:
- Ph.D. or a M.Sc. degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, operations research or related field or an equally strong analytical background
- More than 4 years of experience in programming using Python, R, SQL, or Matlab. PySpark is a plus
- 3+ years industry experience in particular within big data application scenarios
- Worked with statistics, machine learning, forecasting, MIP numerical techniques, time series analysis, and scientific computing
- Working knowledge of Git, DevOps, Databricks, Docker, Kubernetes, Airflow
- Experience with neural networks, deep learning, and reinforcement learning; but not required
- Strong strategic and economics skills; you have the ability to manage large sets of qualitative and quantitative data and present finding in a simple and actionable manner
- Result-driven and action-oriented individual. Focus on executing, getting things done and delivering on targets
- Fluent proficiency in both written and oral English
Something about you:
How would you rate yourself on the 4 C’s? We believe that communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity are key competences that will help anyone regardless of job function, title or skillset, in becoming a success. If you can see yourself working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with many stakeholders, where your communication and interpersonal skills are needed and your ability to collaborate and innovate as a team is essential, we would love to hear from you.
Your new team:
Say hello to the Advanced Analytics team in the Data & Analytics Center of Excellence at Pandora – the world’s largest jewellery brand. As part of the 80+ colleagues in the wider CoE, we are a dedicated group of data-driven professionals who support business units across the full value chain with actionable insights and predictive analytics. We have a data lake, a unified analytics platform and solid communication skills that help us translate data into business value. Your new team consists of a diverse and happy group of analysts, scientists, engineers and product people with a clear mission: We are here to deliver data-driven experiences in all consumer journey touchpoints, develop actionable insights to inform business decisions across supply chain, product, marketing, commerce, finance, HR and more - and have fun while doing it.
Application deadline: 16.05.2021
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Zara Mc Brien
Recruiter, Global Office HR
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.