Product Development Manager
Category: Product design
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you want to be an integral member of a fast-moving, dynamic, and international team of product specialists working with design to bring our beautiful PANDORA jewellery to life? Are you looking for an opportunity to deliver real business impact by driving development across collections?
The Product Development Manager role is a key member of the Design Development team within Global Product at PANDORA’s Global headquarters in Copenhagen.
As Product Development Manager you will be responsible for the successful delivery of products in specific collections throughout the development cycles.
Managing the Development of Collections:
- Close partnership with Design and Production teams to manage development from sketch to pre-production samples across specific collections
- Own & manage cross functional development meetings to align on status.
- Use in depth product knowledge to remove roadblocks and raise red flags on potential delays, cost, quality, production and legal issues throughout development process.
- Manage proto and sample reviews with Creative Directors.
- Manage sample prep & support Creative Directors at Product Trade Review presentations.
- Manage all edit requests after Product Trade Reviews
- Responsible for all sample approvals.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams on new product knowledge.
- Ensure development cycles run according to the timeline.
Costing & Quality:
- Working closely with quality team to ensure all testing is carried out in a timely manner during development cycle process.
- Make early call-outs on high-risk designs in terms of quality & cost – liaising on early testing / wear testing with quality team.
- Initiating and managing cost alternatives, where necessary.
Reports / Meetings:
- Update on product development status to Design Development Director.
- Represent Design & Production teams at cross functional alignment meetings as the knowledge source for new designs and materials.
- Liaise with Global Merchandising & Design team to ensure alignment on design development.
- Participate in Material Sourcing and Development meetings.
- Represent Design at product photoshoots; providing input on retouching needs & sign off on all images.
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years in jewellery and or consumer goods industry.
- In depth specialized product knowledge within jewelry industry
- Highly skilled within problem solving and complex analysis
- Highly Motivated, Results Oriented, with Strong Organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, i.e. deliver structured and simple messages on presentations in English
Furthermore, we envision that you have and can demonstrate:
- Passion for Design and Product Lifecycle/Development process
- Comfortable and excelling in fast paced environment
- Detail oriented without losing the big picture
- High quality written & verbal communication
- Proficiency in PLM system a plus
- Eye for visual design aesthetics, particularly in jewelry and visual presentations
- Collaborative team player; comfortable with fast pace and changes in priorities
Your new team
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people.
Global Career Band 4
Application Deadline: September 15th, 2021
Location: This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
+39 335 1269559
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 26,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19.0 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.