Digital Engineer, Digital Development
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Are you passionate about web development? Would you like to engineer and deliver world-class digital products for customers at the world’s largest jewellery brand? If so, then keep reading!
Job description and areas of responsibility:
As our new Digital Engineer, you will join our Digital Development department, engineering and delivering world class digital products for our customers of today and tomorrow. You will ensure that the high-quality digital products we deliver will enable our customers to achieve their goals, and that we are continually identifying and acting on opportunities for improvement.
You will build enterprise-level eCommerce solutions, delivering a best-in-class global eCommerce experience using a Salesforce setup as well as our landscape of supporting applications. Further to this, you will work closely with product development squads to triage, bug fix, or implement new features against Pandora’s end-to-end eCommerce technology stack. Overall, you will deliver quality, enterprise-level performant code while actively participating in peer code and quality reviews.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Help product development squads understand good practice approaches to engineering, and how best to implement them within our architecture in order to meet quality and acceptance criteria
- Work with and support internal teams, product management, UX and technical resources on requirements gathering, issue logging and tracking, and ongoing development and maintenance of the eCommerce websites
- Work with product development squads to ensure that quality is assured throughout the Sprint, avoiding unnecessary delays to the release of product increments
- Contribute to relevant scrum events, including sprint planning and story estimation, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews and demos, and retrospectives
- Develop technical documentation to agreed standards
- Take ownership to overcome technical problems and live incidents when required
- Continue to develop your own skills and awareness of new tools, processes and technical developments relevant to your areas of expertise
Your new team:
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. During 2020, we will build up a world-class digital team, ensuring that digital is at the heart of our business. The Digital Hub will be responsible for designing, delivering and operating digital products and experiences for Pandora’s global business in order to deliver a genuinely connected experience.
As part of the Digital Development team, you will ensure that we deliver on our strategic ambition to be industry leaders in digital; owning and delivering our digital product and technology vision, strategy and roadmap. You will report to the Director of Digital Engineering, and join a team who work closely together, help each other out and offer the flexibility and freedom needed to focus on solving customers’ problems.
What is needed to succeed:
We imagine that you have an education within Computer Science, IT or a relevant area. You understand the Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.) and have knowledge of analytics platforms and experience tracking pages and events (e.g. Adobe Analytics/Omniture).
Further to this, you have and can demonstrate:
- Minimum one year of hands-on experience in a web development environment and recent SFCC experience (formerly Demandware) is preferred
- Exposure to the full eCommerce technology ecosystem including Digital Content, CMS, PIM, DAM, Payment, Tag Management, Web Analytics, ERP, CRM, OMS, WMS, Fraud Management and more
- Knowledge of development for mobile responsive, adaptive and PWA driven websites
- Experience using Commerce Cloud Pipelines, JS Controllers, DS Script, ISML Templates, Jobs and services framework is encouraged
- Experience in working and integrating with APIs and 3rd Party system integrations (SOAP/REST) to payment, OMS, CRM, CMS or other marketing channel integrations
- Knowledge understanding of Software Development Lifecycle (Git strategies, Unit Tests, build processes, etc.)
Something about you:
You might be the person we are looking for if you are highly motivated, and have a self-starter approach to the role. You are passionate about web development and are driven to constantly learn and develop. You do not take no for an answer, and enjoy working in a team setting to solve problems. As a curious person, you stay up-to-date with current developments in the field, and can apply these learnings into working strategies and use them to influence your problem-solving mechanisms and solution implementation. Finally, you are adaptable in a rapidly changing environment and work well in a fast-paced environment with many stakeholders in varying seniority.
Application deadline: July 21, 2020
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. Candidates should be willing to travel up to 20 days a year.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.