Director, Data Science
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you know what it takes to build competitive advantage through AI and advanced analytics? Do you have experience scaling data and analytics products and teams across the value chain? And are you considered one of the best in your field? Then we have a job for you.
We’re on a mission to turn data into business value and are now looking for an experienced Data Science Director to help drive the future of our team and scale our Data & Analytics Center of Excellence to the next level. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in building competitive advantage through advanced data and analytics products at the enterprise level and a solid technical background with extensive experience building and leading data science teams comprising both leaders and specialists.
In this role your key accountabilities will be to:
- Lead design, implementation and scaling of data and analytics products that support business objectives and vision across the value chain and drive adoption across business units, markets and technology platforms.
- Accountable for data science platforms and solutions, algorithmic design and analytics products.
- Communicate outputs from data science models at an executive level, and help senior business executives and teams drive complex decisions based on data and insights.
- Develop and nurture a results-driven team culture to ensure effectiveness of products and teams.
- Build organizational capabilities by attracting, developing and retaining a team of world-class data science talent.
- Collaborate with the ML Engineering team and the wider Digital and Technology organization to evolve the data architecture to support better integration, and platform tools to support data science.
- Develop team goals, strategy and operational plans needed to achieve the mission in collaboration with team managers.
What is needed to succeed:
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field - computer science, engineering, physics, statistics or other.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to explain complex analytical concepts to non-experts and senior business stakeholders.
- 10+ years of professional data science and machine learning experience, 5+ years of experience in building and managing data science and analytics teams responsible for delivering, scaling and productionalize data and analytics products within marketing, commerce, merchandising, supply chain, product, finance, HR.
- Track record of recruiting and retaining data and analytics talent.
- Experience in designing and delivering a data science roadmap and the vision behind it.
- Experience in developing and delivering data science projects through POC, MVP through to production and maintenance, working closely with engineering and technology teams and using modern agile methodologies and tools.
- Experience running data science in a modern DevOps, MLOps and data engineering environment incl.real-time analytics use cases
- Extensive experience with data science, machine learning and optimization techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and engineering concepts with hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as Hive/SQL/Spark/Python/R/Julia incl.
- Expert-level experience with one or more machine learning frameworks (scikit-learn, Spark ML, TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras)
- Industry presence and thought leadership through published research, blogging, conferences, meetups, open source contributions
- Outcome driven mindset, thinking big, starting small and scaling fast.
Something about you
How would you rate yourself on the 4 C’s? We believe that communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity are key competences that will help anyone regardless of job function, title or skillset, in becoming a success. If you can see yourself working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with many stakeholders, where your communication and interpersonal skills are needed and your ability to collaborate and innovate as a team is essential, we would love to hear from you.
Your new team
Say hello to the Advanced Analytics team in the Data & Analytics Center of Excellence at Pandora – the world’s largest jewellery brand. As part of the 80+ colleagues in the wider CoE, we are a dedicated group of data-driven professionals who support business units across the full value chain with actionable insights and predictive analytics. We have a data lake, a unified analytics platform and solid communication skills that help us translate data into business value. Your new team consists of a diverse and happy group of analysts, scientists, engineers and product people with a clear mission: We are here to deliver data-driven experiences in all consumer journey touchpoints, develop actionable insights to inform business decisions across supply chain, product, marketing, commerce, finance, HR and more - and have fun while doing it.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Zara Mc Brien
Recruiter, Global HR
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19 billion in 2020.