Director, ML Engineering
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you want to help deliver AI at scale for the worlds largest jewellery brand? Do you have experience with building and scaling Data & Analytics products across the value chain? And do you know what it takes to productionalize ML models, grow a team of ML Engineers and deliver business outcomes through Advanced Analytics? Then we have a job for you.
We’re on a mission to turn data into business value and are now looking for an experienced Machine Learning Engineering Director to help drive the future of our team and scale our Data & Analytics Center of Excellence to the next level. The ideal candidate will have solid experience in building and scaling enterprise level ML applications, improve speed-to-production and secure scalability and robustness of systems and pipelines. In addition to a solid technical background our future Director will come with extensive experience building and leading software development and engineering teams comprising both leaders and specialists.
In this role your key accountabilities will be to:
- Lead deployment and scaling of ML models across the value chain by working closely with product management teams to ensure product deliverables, timelines and KPIs are met.
- Serve and partner with stakeholders as senior SME on ML technology at scale.
- Provide guidance and oversight for engineering teams to solve complex multi-disciplinary challenges, designing distributed systems and software architectures for scalability, reliability and performance.
- Accountable and responsible for data & analytics products end-to-end.
- Build and nurture a results-driven team culture to ensure effectiveness of products and teams.
- Build organizational capabilities by attracting, developing and retaining a team of world-class ML Engineering talent.
- Collaborate with the Data Science team and the wider Digital and Technology organization to evolve the data architecture to support better integration, deployment and platform tools to support ML Engineering.
- Improve velocity and delivery through best-practice engineering and agile methodology.
- Implement agile software development principles, DevOps and MLOps.
- Develop architectural standards together with the wider engineering and technology community.
What is needed to succeed:
- An advanced degree in engineering, computer science, software development.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to explain complex engineering concepts to stakeholders in other engineering and analytics teams, product management etc.
- 10+ years of professional software engineering and machine learning experience, 5+ years of experience in building and managing software engineering teams responsible for delivering, scaling and productionalizing data and analytics products.
- Track record of recruiting and retaining software engineering and data and analytics talent.
- Experience in developing and delivering data and analytics products through POC, MVP through to production and maintenance, working closely with data science and technology teams.
- Experience with MLOps practices for CI/CD/CT and other concepts specific to the ML model lifecycle incl. real-time analytics use cases
- Extensive experience with feature engineering for ML and predictive models.
- Extensive experience working with Azure cloud infrastructure, IaC, IaaS and PaaS.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and engineering concepts with hands on experience with one or more data analytics/programming tools such as Hive/SQL/Spark/Python and analytics PaaS like Databricks and Synapse.
- Expert-level experience with the ML tech stack, Kubernetes, MLflow, Docker, Kubeflow and other technologies relevant to model management.
- Experience in orchestrating workflows and pipelines using Airflow, Azure Data Factory or other
- Full stack development experience and knowledge in building APIs, microservice, publish-subscribe systems and messaging services e.g. Event Grid, Event Hub, Kafka, Service Bus.
- Industry presence and thought leadership through published research, blogging, conferences, meetups, open source contributions
- Outcome driven mindset with a solid always-be-shipping mentality
Something about you
How would you rate yourself on the 4 C’s? We believe that communication, collaboration, critical thinking and creativity are key competences that will help anyone regardless of job function, title or skillset, in becoming a success. If you can see yourself working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with many stakeholders, where your communication and interpersonal skills are needed and your ability to collaborate and innovate as a team is essential, we would love to hear from you.
Your new team
Say hello to the Advanced Analytics team in the Data & Analytics Center of Excellence at Pandora – the world’s largest jewellery brand. As part of the 80+ colleagues in the wider CoE, we are a dedicated group of data-driven professionals who support business units across the full value chain with actionable insights and predictive analytics. We have a data lake, a unified analytics platform and solid communication skills that help us translate data into business value. Your new team consists of a diverse and happy group of analysts, scientists, engineers and product people with a clear mission: We are here to deliver data-driven experiences in all consumer journey touchpoints, develop actionable insights to inform business decisions across supply chain, product, marketing, commerce, finance, HR and more - and have fun while doing it.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Zara Mc Brien
Recruiter, Global HR
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19 billion in 2020.