Director Strategy & Planning, Global Marketing
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you think you have what it takes to support Pandora Chief Marketing Officer in coordinating, formulating and implementing the Marketing Strategy including capability development (i.e. Pandora Marketing Academy) in close collaboration with executive management? Would you like to work directly with the CMO and provide strategic recommendations, supported by fact-based analyses and strong business acumen?
This role will govern the initiative portfolio, facilitating executive prioritization, and ensure key projects are delivered. Key accountabilities:
Coordinate the CMO strategy
- Lead the ongoing refinement and implementation of the global marketing strategy and philosophy for Pandora
- Run analyses and feasibility studies, answer ad hoc strategic questions and provide recommendations to CMO and Executive Leadership team
- Maintain consolidated view on marketing strategy progress, including KPI target setting, results tracking and performance follow-up (quarterly)
- Ensure adequate planning, resourcing and risk management is in place over each strategic initiative.
- Lead prioritized projects with a special focus on supporting our Global Business Units (examples of previous projects include 5-year Product Strategy incl. consumer segmentation, Pricing Strategy, and Brand/Product growth-case in key markets)
- Provide support on large projects as needed, with a specific focus on due diligence, planning and executing a smooth implementation.
- Plan and prepare for internal CMO meeting cadence (LT meetings, off-sites etc.)
- Be a thought partner for the Marketing Leadership team, create frameworks for complex or abstract ideas, and develop plans for implementation. Balance local and global considerations.
- Facilitate delivery of cross functional objectives and ensure that the interfaces between teams are effective and efficient.
- Proactively flag issues or risks and develop mitigation plans or workarounds with the appropriate teams.
- Conceive improved ways in which the CMO organization can interact to accomplish common business goals and be inspired by the Pandora values.
- Develop communication materials for internal and external CMO purposes (e.g. Board material, ELT, full Pandora communications etc.)
- Develop a communication framework for the CMO organization, ensuring a tight feedback loop between Clusters and Global Office.
- Gain commitment from the teams to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the Marketing Philosophy
- Partnership with MLT, broader Marketing community and HR do design and deliver marketing academy in line with marketing strategy & philosophy
- Foster knowledge sharing between Clusters and GO and simplifying complex initiatives/projects for broad communication.
- Recruit, develop and lead talent in the CMO Office unit
What is needed to succeed
- At least 5+ years’ experience in business strategy and/or transformation
- A proven ability to serve as a strategic business partner to leadership while simultaneously upskilling their team’s ability to also support desired business goals and outcomes
- Ability to think and act in structured and precise manner with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to drive development in a Pandora top strategic priority area, to anticipate, challenge and interpret to make decisions based on the business needs of Pandora while also being able to challenge the “as-is”
- Professional credibility and accountability to command respect and engender confidence across the organization
- Experience, and passion for, marketing/product/brand management projects is a plus
Something about you
- Demonstrated change agent, able to partner with all levels of the organization to facilitate and drive transformational change
- Models the Pandora values (We Dream, We Dare, We Care, We Deliver)
- Can manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Able to work independently but also to collaborate with cross-functional business partners
- Ability to translate business strategy into actionable plans and tactics
- Well organized, with a great deal of attention to detail
- String communication skills, both written and oral (in English)
- Well organised, with a great deal of attention to details
Location: Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Director - Global Career Band 3
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact the Hiring Manager:
Global Talent Acquisition Manager
+39 335 1269559
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of the Pandora future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hear from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 26,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19.0 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.