Manager, Master Data Governance
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you have a passion for data governance and data quality? Do you agree that data is all about people, and do you want improve data governance in the world’s biggest jewellery brand? Then you might be our new Manager for Master Data Governance in Pandora!
Job description and areas of responsibility
You will lead a strong team of Master Data Governance Consultants and Specialists to set up the next level of Pandora Data Governance.
The position will as a part of our Data Transformation journey focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, that will enable us to accelerate the activation and democratisation of our data- and information assets both at the department and across Pandora’s global business and functional cluster areas.
The position will report to the Director for Master Data Strategy, Technology and Governance and serve as a point of escalation for governance and data quality issues and will work closely with Business and Functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the department.
What you will do:
- Establish and govern the Pandora data governance implementation roadmap including strategic requirements for development of information-based capabilities
- Define products related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for owner- and stewardship of the company’s principal information assets
- Identify new business opportunities pertaining to the use of information assets to achieve efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace / represent data as a strategic business asset at the Senior Management table
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritisation and planning
- Drive development & maintenance of Pandora’s inventory of enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners and stewards
- Drive the development and implementation of data quality standards and adoption requirements across Pandora
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Contribute to Senior Management, comprising resources from the Business and Functional areas and IT business and operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from Business and Functional areas data governance representatives
- In conjunction with the Technology Team, provide progress reports to Board management and oversee periodic updates to the Department Data Governance Roadmap
- Coordinate internal and external data sources to eliminate redundancy and streamline the expense related to those services
Your new team
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. The team is a team of 7 passionate master data specialists. We work closely together, and will go an extra mile to help each other out. We appreciate an informal and humorous tone.
What is needed to succeed:
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in a major retail or services organisation, with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and data protection management practices
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and performance measurement system design
- A Master’s Degree from a relevant field of study
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Something about you
We value a strong team spirit and you might be the person we are looking for if you love diversity and an energetic work environment. You are structured, analytical and with a strong sense of responsibility, and you have an eye for the details. You enjoy being hands on as well as having a good overview with a fact-based approach.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact: Zara McBrien at email@example.com
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of the Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hear from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.