Merchandise Planning Manager, Global Merchandising
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you get a kick out of leading and motivating merchandise planning teams? And do you want to be a part of the world’s leading jewellery company and join us in turning the pages of our next chapter in the story of Pandora? If yes, keep reading!
Job description and areas of responsibility:
As Merchandise Planning Manager, you will plan and manage all functions of merchandise planning within a product category that forms part of the overall global merchandise planning team. This includes, in conjunction with the Director of Global Planning, the interpretation, development and implementation of the strategy. Furthermore, you will build the merchandise and range plan, trading the department and post season analysis to deliver the financial objectives of the area of responsibility.
On a daily basis, you will run projects and perform tasks related to:
- Managing and preparing the divisional budgets and forecasts
- Ensuring all financial KPI’s are being met or exceeded
- Managing product life cycles and ensuring appropriate ranging decisions are made
- Influence, manage and develop the divisional strategy
- Ensure the assortment and ranging policies are aligned to the wider business strategy
- Re-Planning and forecasting of the relevant variables including OTB, sales, margin, profit, stockturn and margin mix highlighting opportunities, threats and required action
- Drive establishment of relationships with key stakeholders
- Monitor the buying critical path to ensure timely decision making
- Leading and motivating direct reports
Your new team:
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well.
You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. You will report into the Director, Global Planning and cross-collaborate with internal key-stakeholders.
What is needed to succeed:
To succeed as Merchandise Planning Manager, we imagine that you have experience in leading and motivating a team of Merchandise Planners within an omni channel fashion retail environment and that you can demonstrate ability to effectively manage resources.
Furthermore, you have and can demonstrate:
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Superior team leadership experience
- General retail skills and business acumen
- Strong interpersonal and partnering skills
- Solid experience in merchandise planning management in omni channel fashion retail environments
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong attitude to learn technical applications (like MC Access, Hyperion and APTOS) quickly
Something about you:
You might be the person we are looking for if you have an entrepreneurial mindset and are able to navigate in a fast-paced environment which requires flexibility and the ability to adapt to changing priorities. Further, you are able to perform under pressure as well as organise and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines. As teamwork is a key part of Pandora, we envision that you have the ability to collaborate and influence cross-functionally. Other than that, you are able to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers and cross-functional teams.
Application deadline: June 22, 2020
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. Candidates should be able and willing to travel when it is required.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 782 666 5918
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.