Operations Finance Director
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Could you be our next Operations Finance Director?
We are currently looking to hire a new Operations Finance Director to lead our global COO Finance function in Copenhagen.
This person is expected to take strong personal ownership in driving best practice and strategic cost management in the COO area to improve performance. He/ she is also responsible for the definition and follow-up on operational KPIs.
The role requires a combination of strong business acumen, commercial finance, and functional insights into operations, as well as partnering and communication skills to drive change within the COO area.
Direct management responsibility will be for 4FTEs in manager positions towards the 3 main Distribution Centres and toward the Product lifecycle management on overall inventory levels.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Strategic cost management: Manage the matrix structure of cost accountability through budgeting and forecasting i.e. between CCO/Cluster GMs (through the Market Finance Business Partners) and Global Functional leads
- Drive transparency of Cost to Serve and inventory risk
- Support operation management team with performance improving interventions
- Responsible for understanding the drivers of value of these respective areas, conducting risks and opportunity and sensitivity analysis to provide actionable insight in key forums
Close, Consolidate & Report
- Input to Group view of respective cost line items at period year end, accountability for sign off sits with Cluster FDs/Cluster MDs
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Coordinate, drive, own the budgeting and forecasting processes for the Global operations (within Group framework)
- Overlay commentary and finalize ‘standard’ reporting for the functions and operations based on business understanding
- Create urgent/ad hoc reports, within agreed parameters.
- Define, track and follow-up on operational KPIs
- Coordinate the process for Global functions and Global operations, inputting into the strategic plan based on the direction priorities of Marketing, Digital, Technology – i.e. based on concept development
- Agree and review operational strategic plan with business and provide input to capex plan
Required skills and qualifications
- Experience from similar role(s) and responsibility in a global and international organization
- Experience of working in a scale organization influencing business leaders and contributing to development and delivery of business strategy
- Hands on experience of managing business or functional finance with oversight of risk, controls and accounting judgement.
- Experience from retail, fashion or FMCG industry
- Fluent in English – verbally and written
Something about you
At Pandora, we recognize that it takes winning personalities to create winning cultures – and we believe it is of essence that you master conceptual thinking and that you bring your performance driven attitude as well as your strong analytical skills to secure business results.
In addition, we would like you to have;
- High energy and willingness to drive a global agenda
- Understand strategic development and functional priorities
- Stakeholder management, business partnering and influencing
- Strong and effective communication – verbally and written
- Proven people management and development skills
- Proven change management skills
- Willing to travel regularly and an international mindset
- “One Global Team” oriented
Your new team
The purpose of the Global Operations Finance function is to secure strong financial management of the Global Operations Functions and strengthened commercial finance support of the CCO.
The Commercial finance support of each area is in many areas unique and in some the same. Overall, all areas need strong insight and transparency into the baseline of the financials including root-cause analysis for performance and deep-dives on specific items. In addition, forward looking financial forecasting integrated with operational planning procedures is to be implemented. This applies especially to the COO and the CCO areas.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Global Recruitment Manager
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora's future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hear from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 26,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19.0 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.