Planning Manager, Global Merchandising
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you want to be a key player in our Global Merchandising team and collaborate with various stakeholders throughout Pandora? And do you want to work in a fun and inclusive environment supportive of initiative and leadership? Then this may be the opportunity you are looking for!
Lead the global sales forecasting process
As Planning Manager for our Style & Innovations Collections, you will be providing the best estimates of product needs using data and sales trends. You will also be responsible for developing, executing and communicating strategic merchandise assortment plans that support the financial objectives. You will be part-owner of the Global Estimate and Open-to-Buy (OTB) process and work collaboratively with the Merchandising team to forecast new product launches and drive the initial buy process with corresponding meetings and deliverables. Furthermore, you will:
- Be responsible for reviewing and updating the Global sales forecast for the collections in scope
- Co-lead the Global & Commercial Cluster Buy Review
- Communicate all merchandise plan data to clusters, finance, and global supply teams
- Develop and summarize global sales forecasts based on trends/data insights
- Guide Planners in clusters regarding forecasting and buys and to improve accuracy and sales
- Drive improvement to full price sell through of product by closely monitoring sales and creating action plans
- Be the leading voice in communicating variances to plan and LY based on historical data and plans from the merchandise financial plan/ambition
- Balance logic and magic in always presenting a balanced view of plans financially and product focused
- Own the product life cycle and end of season exit strategies for the collections in scope
Relentlessly commercial, fact-based and analytical
At Pandora, we strive to create an inclusive and open brand with a culture benefitting from a diverse group of high performing people. Therefore, we are looking for an individual who is flexible, has a strong business acumen and is adaptive to changing priorities. It is important that you can perform in a changing and dynamic environment, and that you can organise and prioritise your workload to meet deadlines. We value the ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with peers as well as the ability to collaborate cross-functionally. Furthermore, we are looking for the following competencies:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree within economics, finance, marketing, business administration or fashion merchandising
- 5-8 years of years of relevant experience from similar role(s)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to manage large sets of data and present results in a simple manner
- Excellent presentation skills
- A high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly (i.e., MS Access, Hyperion and APTOS)
- Knowledge of planning software
Manager – Global Career Band 4
Application deadline: June 27th 2021
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
A moderate amount of travel per year is to be expected.
Your new team
You will be part of the Global Merchandise Planning Team responsible for the global Sales Forecasting, driving the global OTB, monetizing collections and categories to help commercialize the assortment to reach the financial ambitions. You will enjoy a multitude of cross functional collaborations across product, marketing, production, supply chain and finance.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Christian Lindholt Andersen
Global Recruitment Manager
+45 31 26 58 00
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
You can read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 26,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19.0 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.