Release Manager, Consumer Technology
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you want to ensure end-to-end alignment across engineering teams and stakeholders when going to market with new initiatives? Would you like to play an active part in building best in class digital capabilities to support both online and in store sales at the world’s largest jewellery brand? If yes, then we have an exciting opportunity for you!
Coordinate, plan and communicate
In PANDORA IT we are currently undergoing a transition into practicing agile ways of working with SAFe as frame work. In this new set up you will take on the role as Release Manager within the newly established Consumer Technology Agile Release Train (ART). In this matrix organization you will collaborate and align with Product Managers, Product Owners, SCRUM masters, QA- and DevOps resources to make sure our releases are properly aligned end-to-end. You will schedule and coordinate release plans in collaboration with the ART leadership team and you will coordinate release management of the ART according to PANDORA IT governance (create RFC etc.). Also you will own and coach release process guidelines across engineering teams within the ART. And on larger high-risk/high-impact deliveries you will act as over-arching hands-on release manager to ensure successful end point delivery.
Adding to that, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Collect and communicate release notes across ART SCRUM teams
- Define robust release process guide lines for the Consumer Tech ART
- Coach self-organizing SCRUM teams in applying structured and low risk release processes
- Work closely with QA and engineering to align release process requirements with automated testing and code release practices on the journey towards CI/CD
- Drive release management coordination with other ARTs, programs and projects interfacing with the Consumer Tech ART
- Build a bridge btw. the Consumer Tech ART and application management in IT Operations to establish a solid operating model focused on quality end-to-end with a DevOps mindset
- Evaluate release quality in cooperation with application management in operations to support continuous improvement of release process and application performance
- Establish and drive alignment and integration btw. Azure DevOps and ServiceNow
Engineering background and an agile mindset
We imagine the ideal candidate comes from an engineering background and has transitioned into a project management/release management profile to cater for a good understanding of the full software development cycle and supporting tools’ suite. Also our preferred candidate has experience working with SAFe and/or SCRUM.
Furthermore, we envision that you have and can demonstrate:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience within IT
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within release management in particular
- Engineering background (preferred)
- Experience with working within the SAFe framework and/or SCRUM (preferred)
- An agile mindset to help drive and embed a DevOps culture
Your new team
You will be part of the Delivery Management team in Consumer Technology within PANDORA IT. Together with your team members you will drive successful delivery of solutions. However, you will operate in a matrix organization with multiple stakeholders - organized within the newly established Consumer Technology Agile Release Train.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.