Scrum Master, Digital Development
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Do you live and breathe agile Scrum methodology? If so, then we have an exciting opportunity where you can coach and lead a Scrum team at the world’s largest jewellery brand!
Job description and areas of responsibility:
As Scrum Master, you will coach and guide a Scrum team, ensuring that Scrum principles are appropriately applied and that agile events take place. You will maintain a high level of transparency of the work being carried out by the team and build agile capability within the Digital function by training/coaching team members in agile techniques. The role also entails recommending modifications to agile practices to enable the entire organization to continually develop agile knowledge.
Leading the Scrum team, you will orchestrate the Daily Scrum meetings and promote active participation from the team, engaging with all team members to ensure everyone is working towards the sprint goal. You will also engage with other Scrum Masters within Digital to better understand and share good practice agile techniques from peers in other teams.
In addition, your daily tasks will include to:
- Facilitate the sprint planning meeting, ensuring the team reach a collective agreement on the user stories that will be accepted into the sprint (i.e. there is an agreed sprint backlog and sprint plan)
- Facilitate the sprint retrospectives, ensuring that the team review their progress against the agreed sprint goal, and that any product increment delivered is demonstrated to stakeholders and the wider Pandora community as appropriate
- Provide transparency on the team’s activity/progress through the use of shared tools and reports, e.g. maintaining a visible and up-to-date Scrum board
- Track and use empirical data of Scrum team (e.g. story points commitment and completion through historic sprints) to inform estimating and drive improvements in velocity
- Identify and remove any potential impediments to the delivery of the agreed sprint commitment in conjunction with the Scrum team
- Manage any emerging dependencies through the sprint, escalating where necessary
- Coach and guide the team during the sprint by reinforcing and encouraging the team to follow core agile principles of collaboration, regular communication and transparency
Your new team:
During 2020, we are undergoing a journey to establish a world-class digital team based at our Copenhagen headquarter, to ensure that digital is at the heart of our business. Our Digital Hub will design, deliver and operate digital products and experiences for our global business, in order to deliver a genuinely connected experience.
We, the Digital Development team, are responsible for delivering on our strategic ambition to be industry leaders in digital, owning and delivering our digital product and technology vision, strategy and roadmap. You will report to the Product Director, and operate as part of a multi-disciplinary squad of approximately 10 people within one of Pandora’s Product Delivery teams.
What is needed to succeed:
In order to succeed in this position, we imagine that you have a relevant education, and strong knowledge of agile Scrum methodology and practices. You are experienced in using work management tools such as Jira, and can support other Scrum Masters with alternative approaches or ideas.
Further to this, you have:
- Experience with analysis tools and techniques, including wireframes and business process modelling
- Experience in applying agile analysis techniques, specifically for defining and creating user stories, acceptance criteria and how to run and use them effectively to achieve expected sprint outcomes
- Led, motivated and influenced teams in applying agile principles and maintaining focus on development of high-quality output
- Ability to produce high quality supporting artefacts to assist the team in the development of a feature
- Good understanding of software development practices such as BDD/TDD principles, continuous integration, and web/mobile technologies
Something about you:
You might be the person we are looking for if you are a people person, able to establish and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with all business areas. You demonstrate pragmatic judgement, balancing risk and business value to make decisions which are well-informed and actionable. As a proactive person, you find ways to improve the quality of service delivered to all customers and business owners. You are respectful, have a strong sense of integrity and try to get the best possible result from all people around you. Finally, you function well in a fast paced environment and work well under pressure.
Application deadline: October 20, 2020
Expected start date: As soon as possible
This role is based in the Pandora Global Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. Candidates should be willing to travel when necessary.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 774 784 8815
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.