Senior Jewellery Designer
Category: Product design
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Are you a creative person, passionate about jewellery and strong in design? Would you like to work on projects from conception to drawing to protos? Then keep reading!
Lead projects to create innovative products within the Pandora brand
As our new Senior Jewellery Designer, you will work closely with the Design Director and will lead creative projects from the generation of concepts to designs, utilising strong creative skills, technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of the brand DNA.
You will ensure that projects are developed and launched within deadlines, always aligning with the Design Director to ensure that designs meet project requirements. In doing this, you will propose ideas which are original and aligned with the brand, and oversee the successful translation and execution of design brief into sketches that will be selected for the collection.
On a daily basis, you will also work on tasks related to:
- Managing individual projects from initial research to drawing to correction of cad and protos
- Review own CADs ensuring feedback is comprehensive and given within agreed timeframe
- Develop creative mood, and both creative and technical sketches in order to present ideas to VP creative directors and useful information to Design Operations & Development (DOD)
- Brief products to DOD and set them into motion, working closely with DOD on first protos
- Work closely with Creative Sourcing on new materials and techniques for own projects as well as potential new materials and techniques for Pandora
- Manage Junior Designer when needed, assisting to ensure their work is technically feasible
- Ensure designs are updated to design presentations after launch and when requested by VP Creative Directors
Additionally, you will assist with research projects according to brief from VP Creative Directors/Design Director, and participate on research trips related to them.
Natural talent for drawing and a passion for jewellery
You might be the person we are looking for if you have both creative skills and mindset, with strong artistic abilities. Drawing is a strength of yours, whether abstract, figurative, naïve or timeless. Furthermore, you truly understand the importance of brand, and can translate such into strong products. You have strong communication skills, and readily accept challenges.
We imagine that you have a Bachelor’s degree in design/and or vocational training within Graphic Arts or Jewellery Design. Most important to us is that you have a strong creative background with demonstrated experience from the jewellery industry.
Furthermore, you have:
- Minimum 3 years of experience within a similar senior design capacity within a fashion/jewellery retail environment is essential
- Knowledge of jewellery manufacturing
- An available portfolio that demonstrates clear story telling via moodboards, sketches and final drawings
- Proficiency in hand sketching and a variety of design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
Your new team
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating our people well. As a key member of the Product Design team, you will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. You will report into the Design Director and work closely with colleagues in various functions across Pandora.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global Office HR
+44 782 666 5918
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 21.9 billion (EUR 2.9 billion) in 2019.