Service Designer, Digital Development
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Lead teams to design outcomes and not simply ‘features’, making what seems complex in a digital environment feel simple.
Service design for digital experiences, online and in store.
This role is part of the Digital & Consumer Technology Team who are responsible for all of Pandora’s websites globally as well as Retail Digital experiences for both Customers and Sales Advisors.
The Service Designer is critical to ensuring that what seems to some as “complex” is revealed to simply be a series of interconnected systems and processes, people and technology. Adept at design thinking (eg JTBD; storytelling; inside-out/outside-in; etc) this role requires exceptional communication skills and collaborative working. A balance of strategic and pragmatic thinking is essential.
In all of your interactions, you’ll advocate for what users want, need, and expect as well as understand the business and market context within which Pandora and our Customers and Colleagues exist within.
You will need to build and articulate a rich view of the customer and colleague through research and analysis, creating artefacts from Experience Maps, Target Audience and SWOT analysis, Service Blueprints etc. A typical set of tasks in this role, includes:
- Plan and conduct Quantitive and Qualitative Research using a wide range of research methodologies such as through surveys, Ethnographic, interview or data analytics.
- Ensure collaboration between Colleagues, customers, Product Teams (Product Managers, designers, engineers), and delivery teams to ensure the highest quality innovative products
- Articulate both Customer and Strategy but also how this will be realised in a pragmatic “strategy through doing”/. Lean framework.
- Build and maintain Customer Journey Maps which can be used to consider and inform design decisions, based on a clear appreciation of the Customer
- Work closely with UX Researcher, Product Directors, Product Managers, helping them realise their product vision
- Run ideation workshops, create user journey maps and service blueprints to get a shared understanding
- Oversee user research work - including user interviews, usability tests
- Contribute to and maintain consistent UX design standards across products
- Regularly review work with UX Designers to ensure designs (and direction) are aligned with each other and to collect feedback
- Identify and attract top talent to join the team, helping establish best recruitment practices with our internal recruiters
A bit about you
You will need to come with an expert understanding of Service Design goals, processes, tools and techniques, with practical experience of designing and leading Service Design studies and initiatives. Contributing insights to product development that tangibly contributed to improved business outcomes. It is likely that you will have some of the following:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading Service Design
- Extensive knowledge of Service Design/ UX principles and evidence of applying your knowledge to achieve measurable benefits
- Experience of and passion for retail
- Experience and passion for the relevant product area and a deep understanding of the customer
- Demonstrable knowledge of user-centric design and research, confidently leading a team of stakeholders from across the business and providing strategic insight to product development teams
- Experience of working within Agile, fast paced, multi-channel customer focused organisations
- Evidence of presenting at meetups and other external Service Design/ UX events
- Experience of managing, developing and coaching junior team members
Level – Global Career Band 4
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Recruiter, Global HR
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hearing from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 26,000 people worldwide and crafts its at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19.0 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.