Student Assistant, Corporate Sustainability
Category: Communications and sustainability
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Would you like to gain experience with corporate sustainability and help drive the sustainability efforts of the world’s biggest jewellery company? Pandora is looking for a student assistant to join its corporate sustainability team with a focus on supporting its low carbon, circularity, and broader sustainability ambitions.
Job description and areas of responsibility
We consider sustainability across our business, from how we craft our jewellery to the workplace we offer employees. Reducing what we take from the planet, protecting the environment and treating all stakeholders well is key to Pandora’s business success. The Corporate Sustainability team is now looking for student assistant to support Pandora’s commitment to ensure our business is prepared for a low-carbon and circular future.
A key focus (65% of time) will be to help Pandora measure it’s footprint, source renewable energy, and adopt a circular approach to how we design, craft, source, and offer our products. The student assistant will also get the opportunity to work across Pandora’s other key sustainability topics, such as partnerships, stakeholder engagement, responsible sourcing, human rights, and inclusion and diversity (35%).
• Collecting and analysing quantitative data on Pandora’s climate and environmental footprint.
• Preparing ESG data for external reporting (e.g. Sustainability Report, CDP) with a focus on ensuring data quality and robustness.
• Research on emerging sustainability topics such as renewable and recycled materials or circular innovation in the jewellery industry.
• Ad-hoc assistance on a diverse set of sustainability topics, in line with key programmatic areas: partnerships, stakeholder engagement, responsible sourcing, human rights, and inclusion and diversity, in addition to low carbon and circularity themes.
• Communications support, e.g. preparing PowerPoint slides and other communication materials.
• Planning meetings and supporting internal engagement.
Your new team
Pandora is a company with a big heart that takes great pride in treating its people well. You will be part of an exciting business area and work in an international hub of can-do spirited, passionate and performance-driven people. The Corporate Sustainability team is based in the Corporate Communication & Sustainability function at Pandora’s Global Head Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. You will report to the Corporate Sustainability team.
What is needed to succeed
We believe that a student with the following experience and skillsets is well-suited for this position:
- Sustainability, climate, environment, or CSR management is part of your curriculum; the ideal candidate will be studying this in the business context.
- Knowledge about Greenhouse Gas Accounting and the renewable energy market
- Strong project management/coordination skills
- Good research and analytical skills
- Skilled in Excel
- Good communications skills, particularly as related to producing written materials and presentations
- Agile and ready to work across both environmental and social sustainability issues
- Ideal candidate is in the last year of Bachelor studies or about to start a Master's degree in the Fall
- Professional proficiency in English, both in understanding, speaking and writing.
Something about you
At Pandora, we recognize that it takes winning personalities to create winning cultures, and we believe it is essential that you bring a performance-driven attitude, an ability to drive impact, a collaborative mindset and the highest level of integrity. In addition, you bring:
- A hands-on, can-do attitude combined with an ability to work strategically and seize opportunities.
- Outgoing and service-minded with attention to detail
- An interest in seeking out ways to improve and optimize processes and performance.
- Have the ability to take the initiative, to prioritise and to organise your workload.
- An ability to work with stakeholders at all levels.
- A holistic mindset and the ability to see the big picture.
- An open mind, with an ability to pivot and flex as needed.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- An international mindset, preferably developed from living in several countries.
Application deadline: June 30, 2021
Expected start date: August 22, 2021
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Global Recruitment Manager
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of the Pandora’s future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hear from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Icing on the cake
You will be working out of our beautiful Head Office in Copenhagen V, established in 2016 and designed to unite and inspire our teams. Besides our beautiful interior design we are also proud of our LEED Gold Certification for Energy and Environmental Design. This means that we use as few natural resources as possible and that we use them with respect. The result is a professional and dynamic space that is unique, comfortable and inspirational – and delivers a true Pandora experience to anyone who works here or comes to visit.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 28,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.