Global Change Manager
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Do you have change management experience? Would you like to be part of a dynamic and professional Global Business Services team? If so, this could be the job for you!
We are currently looking to hire a new Change Manager to join our GBS team in either Copenhagen or Warsaw.
The main purpose of this role is to drive the change management agenda in Pandora’s Global Business Services (GBS) organization. This includes ensuring GBS change initiatives are implemented successfully through a structured best practice change management approach. Its focus is mostly on the organizational and people side of change introduced to our processes, technology and organization.
This role will be part of a team that has active participation in GBS’ transformation, delivering change management and communication activities aimed to maximize change adoption, ultimately resulting in the realization of GBS’ business objectives.
The successful candidate will be part of a diverse and international working environment, providing her/him with a great opportunity to establish an international career within Pandora. She/he will ensure change and communication requirements are aligned with and in full support of the GBS strategy and program execution.
This person will be interacting with multiple (senior) stakeholders within the organization and across functions and different projects. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Enterprise and function wide change activities to enable new ways of working in and outside of GBS
- Define and execute the activities to help ensure achievement of the projected business benefits after delivery
- Own and deliver against a change and communication plan; ensuring messages are crafted for the right audience at the right time in the right channel in a consistent and engaging format
- Identify stakeholders impacted by change and drive a right-sized stakeholder management plan
- Outline key business engagement messages that need to be communicated throughout projects
- To be an active member in shaping the global approach to change practices across Pandora, and ensuring the execution and alignment of these principles and tools, approaches across the CFO area
- Advise/coach on what to look out for when implementing changes
- Contribute to the wider Community of Change Practice to establish globally consistent standards, approaches, tools, templates of change
- Apply change management methodology when rolling out major changes to processes, people, governance or technology
- Proactively engage, inform and influence key stakeholders relevant for the specific change initiative
- Provide support to projects regarding transition and change planning on an ad-hoc basis
- Continuously seek external knowledge to drive increased efficiency in change impact across Pandora
- Drive change methodology to local change agents (E.g. FDs, HRBPs and other leaders)
- Proven experience within change management and communication
- Professional change management accreditation
- Experience in working in international environments
- In depth understanding of how people go through business change and the change process
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Full professional proficiency of written and oral English required
- Proven track record from similar organizations or positions
- Excellent skills in Power Point and Excel
- Good knowledge of relevant IT enablers (e.g. ServiceNow)
Something about you
At Pandora, we recognize that it takes winning personalities to create winning cultures – and we believe it is of essence that you master conceptual thinking and that you bring your performance driven attitude as well as your strong analytical skills to secure business results.
In addition, we would like you to have;
- Great verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to structure and follow up pro-actively
- Ability to develop successful and strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exhibit stellar motivation and attitude
- Curiosity to continuously acquire new knowledge and skills in both a physical and digital environment
- Good cooperation skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Act proactively to improve own work
- Global mindset
- Holistic view and understanding of the business, the business strategies and goals
Your new team
GBS manages the delivery of transactional as well as knowledge-centric services through Service Delivery Centres (SDC) and dedicated Centres of Excellence (CoE) with the initial headcount of 250+ FTEs globally. GBS is transforming these services, underpinned by process excellence and automation, affecting all of Pandora’s employees, franchisees and suppliers.
Did we get your attention?
We hope you got all your questions answered and feel confident applying for this position, however if you have more questions regarding the position, please contact:
Global Recruitment Manager
If you see yourself in the position and would like to become a part of the Pandora future PLEASE CLICK HERE TO APPLY. We look forward to hear from you!
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. You can also read more about Pandora on our corporate site www.pandoragroup.com.
Pandora designs, manufactures and markets hand-finished jewellery made from high-quality materials at affordable prices. Pandora jewellery is sold in more than 100 countries through 7,400 points of sale, including more than 2,700 concept stores.
Headquartered in Copenhagen, Denmark, Pandora employs 26,000 people worldwide and crafts its jewellery at two LEED certified facilities in Thailand using mainly recycled silver and gold. The company plans to be carbon neutral by 2025 and has joined the Science Based Targets initiative to reduce emissions across its full value chain. Pandora is listed on the Nasdaq Copenhagen stock exchange and generated sales of DKK 19.0 billion (EUR 2.5 billion) in 2020.