Demand Planner, Merchandising, UK & Ireland
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced merchandising professional to join the growing merchandising division as the new Demand Planner. This role has line management responsibility and will report into the Merchandise Trading and Planning Manager.
The main purpose of the Demand Planner role is to ensure that the jewellery sales forecast for the BRIS cluster is credible and accurate whilst maintaining the statistical forecast and adding market intelligence into the forecasting system Logility. This position will work closely with Sales, Merchandising and Marketing colleagues as well as Group Supply Chain in Denmark and European Distribution Center (EDC) to ensure right time to market planning. The Demand Planner will drive forecasting improvement initiatives in the cluster to support and achieve challenging targets.
Key accountabilities include:
- Develop robust demand forecasts at multiple levels of aggregation for multiple time horizons as part of the demand planning function
- Use and maintain the Logility Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system tool
- Review historical sales trends and research demand drivers
- Gather, analyse and validate data
- Develop statistical forecasting models and evaluate forecast results on a weekly and monthly basis
- Monitor demand versus forecast on a regular basis in order to proactively identify issues
- Build and maintain influential relationships with key stakeholders in Sales, Marketing, and Finance departments to understand demand forecast drivers and dampers
- Coordinate cross-functional analytical activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast models to reflect updated sales and marketing plans
- Provide feedback to Finance/Sales planning on system statistical forecast and recommend adjustments to current sales forecasts
- Collaborate with the commercial teams to review performance and advise on forecasting matters, and improvements to current processes
- Conducting Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP) meetings
- Provide input to the Supply Planning department in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs and recommend adequate safety stock levels on market bestsellers
- Coordinate and communicate promotional plans with Supply Planning department in HQ and distribution centers
- Drive improvement in forecast accuracy, both for Mix and Volume – strive to achieve and exceed targets
- Prepare and maintain demand planning summaries and performance reviews for senior management and for monthly S&OP conference calls with European Demand and Supply Planners and provide input for volume planning
- Liaise with Warehouse/Distributors to obtain specific market information
- University degree or equivalent qualification/experience – preferably within Mathematics, Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- Extensive experience working successfully in the capacity of a Demand Planner within a fast-paced retail, fashion or jewellery industry leader
- Proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts
- Experience with ERP and advanced planning systems such as SAP APO & SNP, AX and Logility is an advantage
- Detailed understanding of critical path of information flow and data analysis at expert level
- Strong analytical skills with great attention to detail
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced Microsoft Excel
- Ability to flex between detailed and topline analysis
- Understand forecast principles and statistical models
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal)
- Excellent presentation skills and facilitation skills
- Team player with confident leadership and influencing skills
Our people are an integral part of our success. Our commitment to unforgettable career progression is just the start. We offer a competitive rewards package that is second to none. Our generous benefits package includes;
- A highly competitive salary with regular salary reviews
- Generous bonus scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Medical cash plan - including dental, optical, massages and more . . .
- Flexible working hours and ‘working from home’ benefits
- Early finish Fridays (weekends with PANDORA start every Friday at 3pm!)
- 55% employee discount
- Annual jewellery uniform allowance – for FREE!
- Free daily lunch credits
- 33 days holiday (inc. Bank Holidays) – with buy/sell holiday trading options
- Celebrate your Birthday with a day off!
- Join our Employee Wellbeing Centre – including access to; EAP, ‘cycle to work’ scheme, gym discounts and more . . .
- Winniperks - Our online benefits platform with plentiful retail, hospitality and entertainment discounts
- At PANDORA we love a party! Especially at Christmas when you also receive an extra special gift.
If you think you could rise to this challenge, please click APPLY.