Financial Controlling Manager
Location: London, United Kingdom
The purpose of the UK & Ire Commercial Finance function is to work shoulder-to-shoulder with stakeholders to drive and impact UK & Ire business performance. UK & Ire Commercial Finance are accountable for: I. Delivering the commercial results of the cluster (P&L and Balance Sheet) and also acting as the ‘engine room’ of Business Performance management, owning the Planning, Budgeting, and Forecasting processes within the framework set by the Group II. In addition, they are also required to be ‘forward looking’, focusing on identification of opportunities to drive improvements in top and bottom line and other key outcomes (e.g. working capital, cash, and cost reduction). Teams will use the data/analytics/tools which will be available to them (along with influencing relationship development and storytelling skills) to drive material performance improvement, in collaboration with UK & Ire leadership teams
THE ROLE AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Financial Controlling Manager will be responsible for:
- Delivery of the financial results for the UK & Ire (P&L and Balance Sheet) taking ownership of the Financial Statements and the assurance process within the UK & Ire for each period end.
- Managing the period end process for the UK & Ire, with the majority of activities being performed by the Service Delivery Centre’s and Market Transactional Finance (GBS in the future).
- Ensuring the accurate and timely closing of the books, on behalf of the UK & Ire Finance Director and Managing Director.
- Accountability for policies, processes and controls locally (within global frameworks and guidance) and performance of local controls and compliance activities.
- Liaising with the GBS Service Delivery Lead to ensure all necessary activity and information requirements are delivered accurately and in a timely manner (as defined in the process)
- Attending regular governance meetings with the Service Delivery Lead.
- Partnership with the Group Finance to ensure the Group Accounting policies are applied within the UK & Ire and that any significant estimates are well-documented and reviewed.
- Support stakeholders’ decision-making processes, for example by ensuring the right accounting rules are applied in investment decisions, transitions from franchise to O&O are managed in accordance with the right procedures etc.
The key desired outcomes over the next 12 months Include:
- Ensure that regulatory compliance controls (e.g. anti-money laundry and anti-bribery) have been cascaded through the UK & Ire.
- Local controls and compliance activities are being performed.
- Define the financial processes, including the split of accountability between the Service Delivery Centre and the UK & Ire. Ensure robust processes are in place to deliver and perform locally - including execution of internal controls related to financial reporting
- Responsible for investigating potential forensic cases incl. whistle-blower reports
- Working in partnership with Group Finance and GBS to ensure robustness, quality and speed of the global Close process
- Build strong working relationships with key business stakeholders and strong partnerships between Commercial Finance and F,P&A Managers, leads in the new GBS organisation and the Group Finance Reporting and Audit organisation
- Deliver on the (Finance) Transformation program deliverables in the cluster and markets including managing transition.
- Technical accounting lead within the market to advising on treatment of commercial transactions
- Market lead for the statutory and internal audit requirements
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- ACCA or equivalent
- Finance Reporting degree (preferably at Master level) or equivalent
- ‘Big Four’ audit firm experience
- Experience from similar role(s) and responsibility in a global and international organisation, preferably within retail, fashion or FMCG industry
- Excellent understanding of the financial numbers, Risk and Control frameworks, combined with solid business knowledge
- Thrives in a fast-paced organisation and had enthusiasm and willingness to drive a global agenda
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strategic leader with demonstrable ability to work effectively in a matrix organisation with local and global stakeholders
- Excellent stakeholder management, business partnering and influencing skills
- Strong and effective communication – verbally and written with fluency in English
Our people are an integral part of our success. Our commitment to unforgettable career progression is just the start. We offer a competitive rewards package that is second to none. Our generous benefits package includes:
- A highly competitive salary and bonus potential
- Generous 55% employee discount on all Pandora product
- Winniperks - Our online benefits platform
- Company pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Daily lunch allowance
- Flexible Working
- Parties and incentives throughout the year
If you think you could rise to this challenge, please click HERE to apply now.